A potential Collaboration with Do More Good
- A branding exercise that results in a name and tagline for the idea of Design Citizenship.
- A 30-60 second Motion Design Video that illustrates the idea.
Current Issues With The Working Term
- Designer of what?
- Citizen of where?
What Is The I. S.E.E. U. Framework?
A method for creating media that will
- increase empathy towards disenfranchised populations through inclusive design practices.
- maximize information retention through joyful learning.
- Insure equal access to information for the disabled at the same time, the same place, and on the same channel as everyone else.
What Is Design Citizenship?
It is succeeding at the 3 goals set forth by the I. S.E.E. U. framework.
categories of discrimination.. to turn into celebration, appreciation, and empathy
Socio-Emotional Content Strategy
- Content that speaks to the brain’s influence on the human experience...
- Tribal (our desire to belong)
- Primal (pure emotion)
- Logical (value propositions)
- Knowledgable (our ever-changing world view)
Entertainment Based Delivery
- Compete w/Pop Culture
- Build Expectations & Maintain Anticipation
- Write To The Audience
- & Integrate The Content
- Only Stories Matter
Access To Media For The Disabled
We should go beyond the technical requirements for the accommodation of persons with disabilities as well as those suffering from discrimination and towards their full participation and acceptance in the social fabric of the world in which we all live. About 35% of the U.S. population is experiencing some form of disability (not including transitory disabilities), and about 2/3 of all internet connections are made with a mobile phone (the baseline technology for low income populations).
- Universal Design allows the abled and disabled to experience media together, at the same time, in the same place, on the same channel.
- This often separates the disabled from simultaneous media consumption with their abled counterparts.
- The cell phone is the lowest common denominator for access to digital media.